Why Wellness At Work?
With the prevalence of chronic disease in the U.S. population, employers are feeling the impact of health care costs and lost productivity due to absenteeism, disability and presenteeism (being sick at work). Many conditions that affect a company’s workforce are preventable and can be improved with regular physical activity.
Most working adults spend a substantial portion of their week in the workplace. On days they work, American are on the job an average of 7.56 hours, or about one-half of their waking hours.
This makes the workplace a useful and practical setting for introducing health and wellness-related initiatives that will benefit employees and their families, as well as employers.
Potential Benefits of Corporate Wellness Programs
Employees and Families
- Improve physical & mental health
- Lower personal medical costs
- Improve personal productivity
- Create a network of support
- Create a happier, more productive work force
- Reduce employee health care expenses
- Lower rates of absenteeism
- Reduce disability and workers’ compensation claims
- Attract and retain talented employees
For more information call our Community Wellness Coordinator,
Kimberly Cicetti at 401.846.7723 ext.1037 or Kevin Buck at ext 1010.
Program Levels Available