Newport Athletic Club offers a variety of group exercise activities, for all levels. Regular exercise can not only help you lose excess body fat and help you tone muscles, but it can also give you a renewed sense of well-being, both emotionally and physically. It also helps lower your risk of heart disease by increasing cardio-respiratory efficiency, and is a great way to relieve stress.
There is a certain amount of energy and adrenaline that is created when people work out together. Having an instructor to motivate and teach, having the camaraderie of other participants, the music and the excitement of the routine or choreography, as well as a set time all contribute to one of the best benefits of group exercise; it is highly motivating!
Group exercise instructors are there to encourage you to go at your own pace. Please be advised that it may take some time to understand the terminology and or choreography of a certain class, so please do not get discouraged or frustrated. Just remember we all had to start at the beginning at one time or another!! The class environment is non-competitive. The instructors are there to encourage and motivate. We all work at different fitness levels, so please choose the level that best suits your needs.
If you have any questions regarding the program, please do not hesitate to ask one of our instructors or the group exercise director. We are here to make fitness fun!
Other Information You Need to Know
- Please be on time for all classes to ensure a proper warm up. Your safety is our primary concern.
- Please refrain from bringing open containers of liquid.
- Please help keep our studio clean by leaving with what you came with (i.e. water bottle, towel, tissues, etc.)
- Instructors, classes and formats are subject to change without prior notice.
- Please be considerate of other member’s space.
- Appropriate exercise attire and shoes must be worn.
- Please do not enter the studio before the current class has finished and had time to vacate the studio.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the group exercise director.